Monday 7 January 2013

The new year got me thinking...

So its a new year, but really what does this mean? What really is the point of celebrating a new year if all thats really going to change is the last number on a calendar? Well ever since new year's eve this question has been bothering me so I did the thinking and came up with something.

I think that entering a new year inspires crucial self analysis, or at least that's the case with me together with birthdays. With me its always the same scenario: when the clock hits 12 I'm all hyped and excited and wishing everybody a happy new year, then by 2 am the reality sets in, the reality that I am not where I said I would be on this day being it financially, career wise, relationship wise and so on. Although the period of my new year celebration just after 2 am is quite depressing, it always brings about results.

What I believe about life is that you can do and be what you want to be, you just have to consciously choose what that is, and believe it or not that's the easy part compared to what comes next (although deciding who exactly you want to be is not a trivial task) because the next step is taking the necessary action to create whatever it is you want. If you've heard my "Everybody Know" joint, you'll probably have the sense that I am an optimistic person who believes that life is far from a bitch, life is neither good nor bad, it simply is. I believe you create your own life, your own success, your own failures; the less conscious you are of this fact the less extravagant your life is, or well at least that's what I believe. How do we create the life that we want to experience? Well for that you'll have to keep following this blog and hope that I stubble across something during my intense streams of consciousness haha.

Anyway, enough of all that serious stuff, haha as I said, this subject has been on my mind for a really long time now, so when I say" Happy new year!!!", don't take it as "Oh its January, and Donje is saying 'happy new year' because everybody says happy new year when they enter a new year", na, rather take it as me reminding you to review your goals, your values, your relationships and your life in general, and also inspiring you to do your best to realize the life of your dreams. With that being said, I will now end off this post by saying: Happy new year, dear friend.

- Donje :)

No comments:

Post a Comment